Sunday, August 7, 2011

Support Local Artisans {Sanger, CA. Childrens Portraits}

Growing up in our small community, I was always encouraged by my parents to support local vendors. You know, the "mom and pop" places that are sadly becoming a dying breed in the world these days. I remember my dad telling us, "sure you may get to purchase the same thing from the chain store cheaper but when you buy local from the people that know you, if there is ever an issue with the item, you have a person to talk to about it and not a corporation with store policies. And most of the time they'll replace it with or without the receipt...with no questions asked." And I would have to say that I still believe that theory to be true. I love dealing with artisans with creative talents that not only take the time to listen to what I am wanting but who give your items that special attention they give when making it.

I have always wanted to learn to sew. I have my mother's sewing machine she handed down to me but have yet to sew anything with it. I have tried but just dont seem to have the knack it takes to sew. Lucky for me that through the fates of our children being classmates, I have grown a friendship with a local artist who has the amazing talent of sewing the most adorable clothes. Alyssa at Polka Dot Moon Bowtique does an amazing job sewing!! I am so glad to have hired her to create these adorable dresses for these sweet little darlings for Christmas and was thrilled to be able to finally photograph these little ladies modeling their dresses. Thank you again Alyssa for making these and I cant wait to purchase more of your clothing creations!!






No comments: